Watch Community Engagement videos
Nine UDM students and alumni talk about their community service experiences. Watch them online.
Over the years gifted faculty, competent staff, accomplished alumni and promising students have been engaged in the community on an ongoing basis and have provided hundreds of thousands of hours of service to our community partners. In celebration of Dr. Antoine M. Garibaldi’s inauguration, approximately 125 faculty, staff, students and alumni participated in Community Engagement Activities the week of April 9th.
Inauguration Week April 7-15, 2012
They volunteered more than 500 hours of service with nine community agencies/organizations. See the complete list below.
- Gleaners Community Foodbank - April 9 and 10 - Volunteers participated in several activities including preparing materials for the National Letter Carriers Food Drive and making a bowl for the empty bowl program.
- Gesu Parish and School - April 10 - Volunteers helped prepare Gesu Community Green as a safe and secure community playground for the neighborhood children.
- Capuchin Ministries - April 9, 10 and 11 - Volunteers helped serve the lunch meal and cleaned up afterward at the Connor Kitchen.
- Vista Maria - April 9, 10 and 11 - Volunteers helped prep, paint and stock "Vista Boutique." Every girl needs a place to shop!
- Lighthouse of Oakland County (PATH) - April 11 - Volunteers helped paint an apartment for someone in need of housing.
- Coalitions on Temporary Shelter (COTS) - April 11 - Volunteers helped prepare and serve breakfast, lunch or dinner to homeless men, women and children.
- South Oakland Shelter (SOS) - April 10 - Show a caring attitude by actively interfacing with the clients, who need some guidance, a game of cards, or someone to listen.
- Campus Kitchen - April 7 - Volunteers helped packing and delivering food on Holy Saturday to families in need.
- APO (Alpha Phi Omega, a UDM Service Fraternity) Sandwich Bus - April 15 - Volunteers helped make and distribute sandwiches to the homeless.