Membership & Graduation Requirements
Students may only enter The Program as freshmen. Incoming freshmen must meet the following four requirements to qualify for membership:
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or better.
- A minimum score on SAT of 1240 or ACT score of 28.
- Involvement in high school extracurricular activities.
- A successful Honors Application.
Members may graduate with Honors if they meet the following four requirements:
- Completion of the eighteen (18) credit hour Honors curriculum.
- Successful defense of a Senior Honors Thesis Project.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Completion of 100 non-paid hours of volunteer compassionate service to society and/or individuals in need, as documented by the Leadership Development Institute.
Honors Upon Graduation
Members who complete all of these graduation requirements will:
- Have “Honors” printed on their diplomas (excepting Master's of Architecture students).*
- Receive the University Honors Program Certificate.
- Wear golden Honors Cords at commencement.
- Receive transcripts that will bear an Honors designation.
*Since The Honors Program at UDM is an undergraduate program and Architecture is a graduate program, the Master's of Architecture diploma cannot bear an Honors designation. However, an Architecture student who graduates with Honors will receive all of the other honors received by Honors graduates.