Strategic Planning Team
The Strategic Planning Team consists of eleven members: one representative of the School of Law, one representative of the School of Dentistry, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, one elected representative of the McNichols faculty, four administrative representatives, one staff member, one alumnus, and one student.
The Strategic Planning Team reports to the President of the University or the President's designee.
2 faculty representatives
Saran Hollier, Health Systems Managment, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2014)
Mustafa Demir, Mathematics & Computer Science, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2014) (MFA)
1 staff representative
Teri Kromrei, Associate Athletic Director, Internal Affairs (term expires 8/2014)
4 administrative representatives
Tamara Batcheller, Associate Vice President for Facility Operations (term expires 8/2014)
Steve Nelson, Co-Chair, Associate Vice President for Human Resources (term expires 8/2014)
Dorothy Stewart, Secretary, Associate Dean of Students (tem expires 8/2014)
David Nantais, Director, University Ministry (term expires 8/2015)
1 Dental School representative
Mert Aksu, Dean (term expires 8/2015)
1 Law School representative
Tom Saybolt, Co-Chair (term expires 8/2014)
1 alumni representative
TBA (term expires 2012)
1 student representative
Alvin Ford, President, Student Senate (term expires 8/2013)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Kenneth Hillenburg, Periodontology and Dental Hygiene (term expires 8/2013)
Copies of the strategic plan's various diagrams, outlines, reports etc.
See strategic planning documents
A page designed to allow you to provide anonymous or named feedback on all elements of the Strategic Plan as well as its rollout and processes.
Give feedback on strategic plan
- Continue to work with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to develop a plan to monitor and provide feedback about the progress of the University Strategic Plan.
- Continue working on collecting, collating and reviewing current school/college/unit strategic plans.
- Provide consultation with the administrative leadership of the university, especially regarding strategic planning necessary to address academic issues.
- In planning or implementation of a university strategic planning process, serve as a resource.
- Upon request provide input into long range planning processes.
- Based upon review of school/college unit strategic plans, provide input concerning strategies to make the plans more consistent with the University Strategic Plan if required.
- Upon request, provide input concerning strategic issues important to the university including but not limited to the marketplace, distance education, academic programming and related areas.
- During the time period that a strategic planning process is not underway, assess trends at other schools and suggest innovations that could be introduced at UDM.
- Participate in meetings with the administrative leadership of the University at which major strategic issues facing the university would be discussed.
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the President of the University or designee. Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to (sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu). Information will be posted to the shared governance website (udmercy.edu/governance).The secretary of the committee is responsible for these postings and for informing Campus Connections of new postings. If there is no secretary identified for the committee, a member should be selected who is responsible for this task.