Strategic Planning Team
The Strategic Planning Team consists of eleven members: one representative of the School of Law, one representative of the School of Dentistry, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, one elected representative of the McNichols faculty, four administrative representatives, one staff member, one alumnus, and one student.
The Strategic Planning Team reports to the president of the University or the president's designee.
2 faculty representatives
Zigmond Kozicki, Health Services Administration, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Tom Fockler, Health Services Administration, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017) (MFA)
1 staff representative
Teri Kromrei, Associate Athletic Director, Internal Affairs (term expires 3/2017)
4 administrative representatives
Tamara Batcheller, Co-Chair, Associate Vice President for Facility Operations (term expires 3/2017)
Steve Nelson, Co-Chair, Associate Vice President for Human Resources (term expires 3/2017)
Saran Hollier, Health Systems Management, College of Health Professions (term expires 8/2017)
TBD (term expires 8/2017)
1 Dental School representative
Melanie Mayberry, Patient Management, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2017)
1 Law School representative
Pam Wilkins, Associate Professor, School of Law (term expires 3/2017)
1 alumni representative
TBA (term expires 3/2017)
1 student representative
TBA (term expires 3/2017)
Copies of the strategic plan's various diagrams, outlines, reports etc.
See strategic planning documents
- In preparation for the development of the 2017-2022 University Strategic Plan, serve as a resource for the process including but not limited to engaging the university community in developing the plan and identifying priorities that reflect the mission of the University.
- Upon request, provide input concerning strategic issues important to the university including but not limited to the marketplace, distance education, academic programming and related areas.
- Assess trends at other schools and suggest innovations that could be considered and/or introduced at UDM
- Participate in meetings with the administrative leadership of the University at which major strategic issues facing the university would be discussed.
- Review and discuss the annual Strategic Plan Report (2015-2016). Continue to work with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to develop a plan to monitor and provide feedback about the progress of the University Strategic Plan.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Keep the University community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary to the committee is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Verify whether team's operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared governance Task Force through the chairperson by December 1. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.