Organizational Structure and Tasks
Determine Team's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions)
Draft operational policies and procedures (e.g., frequency of meetings, who calls meetings), notification time for meetings (e.g., ten days), time period for distribution of agenda (e.g., five days), timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes
Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, advice, membership records and other actions
Draft general assessment process and goals for first year (to be updated annually)
Include clear time limits for action on various issues as per paragraph 4 under "Further Details" of Shared Governance Task Force proposal approved by the university community.
Deliberate and act on priority issues identified by the Associate Vice President for Human Resources
Provide Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2005
- Review new employee orientation programming and when appropriate make recommendations to the Department of Human Resources regarding the program.
- Make proposals regarding professional development opportunities for staff and forward to the Associate VP for Human Resources.
- Develop training or education programs targeted at employees targeted at professional development.
- Develop a schedule to convey messages/announcements regarding topics of interest and “Did you know?” information to the University community.
- Evaluate potential training or education programs targeted at employees for professional development.