Mission/Urban/Social Justice Team
Twelve-member team: one alum, two students, three administrative representatives (at least two of which should be representative of two of the following: the University Ministry, the Office of Mission and Identity, and the Institute for Leadership Development), one staff representative, one Law School representative, one Dental School representative, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, and two faculty members elected by the McNichols faculty
Reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and through that office to other bodies as appropriate
3 faculty representatives
Karen Waters, Sociology/Social Work, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Karen Harris, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017)
Maureen Anthony, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016) (MFA)
3 administrative representatives
Megan Marshall, University Minister, University Ministry (term expires 8/2015)
Lisa MacDonnell, Executive Assistant to the President (term expires 8/2016)
John Staudenmaier, SJ, Office of Mission and Identity (term expires 8/2016)
1 staff representative
Elizabeth Engelson, Office of Student Affairs (term expires 8/2015)
1 Dental School representative
Juliette Daniels, Director, Student Affairs (term expires 8/2016)
1 Law School representative
David Koelsch (term expires 8/2016)
1 alum representative
Theresa Skora, Secretary (term expires 8/2014)
2 student representatives
TBD (term expires 8/2015)
TBD (term expires 8/2016)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Andrea Kwasky, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 8/2015)
- Explore (in conversation with the Mission and Identity Office), enriching global perspectives in Mission and Identity programs (1.4.3)
- Annually review Mission & Identity programs and prepare an evaluative report for the Assistant to the President and the President about strengths and challenges.
- Review major religious and ethnic groups represented on the three university campuses and make recommendations as to what religious holidays should be noted on the University/Academic calendar as well as college/school calendars if appropriate e.g. Eid, Hanukkah etc.
- Develop a timeline and roles and responsibilities for the Mission Agere and Mission Vivere awards so that the call for nominations, review of candidates, identification of awardees and notification of awardees and supervisors is completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the call for, review of submitted nominees and selection of the awardees for the Mission Leadership Award, the Vivere ex Missione Award, and the Agere ex Missione Award.
- Develop means to foster the Jesuit and Mercy traditions through ongoing education and promotion of mission fulfillment.
- Review websites, contact colleagues, and review publication of other similarly situated universities to seek ideas to better promote the development of mission at UDM.
- Keep the university community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary to the committee is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Verify whether team's operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2014. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Please note the first charge is from the 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view