Information Technology Team
Thirteen-member team: one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one library representative; one IDS representative; two students; two administrative or staff representatives; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; and two elected representatives of the McNichols faculty; two representatives ITS staff will be ex officio members of the team
Reports to Vice President for Business and Finance and Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
3 faculty representatives
Shadi Bani Taan, Mathematics & Computer Science, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2015)
Loannis Sauldatos, Mathematics & Computer Science, College of Engineering & Science (term expries 3/2016)
Rita Barrios, Chairperson, Computer & Information Systems, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
2 administrative or staff representatives
Ken Palazzolo, Director, Enterprise Information System (term expires 8/2016)
Edward G. Tracy, Associate Vice President, Information Technology Services (term expires 8/2016)
2 ex officio staff representatives of ITS
Renee Kettering, RSM, Software and Communication Specialist, Information Technology Services (term expires 8/2016)
Julie Latulip-Lazarelich, Helpdesk Manager, Information Technology Services (term expires 8/2016)
1 Library representative
Sara Martin, Associate Dean for Technical Services and Library Systems, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 8/2015)
1 Instructional Design Studio representative
Anthony Cressey, Instructional Designer, Instructional Design Studio (term expires 8/2016)
1 Dental School representative
Mike Verdusco, Director of Educational Technology, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2016)
1 Law School representative
Loretta Lewins-Peck Assistant Dean and Registrar (term expires 8/2016)
2 student representatives
TBD (term expires 8/2015)
TBD (term expires 8/2016)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Chris Congdon, Director of Information Technology, School of Law (term expires 8/2016)
- Identify software being licensed annually from multiple departments to determine if there are cost savings opportunities (ex. Visio)
- Implement lecture capture solutions and archive content to allow students to revisit important learning experiences (2.4.1)
- Identify a list of the advantages and disadvantages to a "Cloud" for UDM.
- Draft a formal disaster recovery plan and recommendations for appropriate distribution.
- Keep the university community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary to the committee is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Verify whether team's operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson at email@example.com by December 1, 2014. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view