Information Technology Team
Thirteen-member team: one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one library representative; one IDS representative; two students; two administrative or staff representatives; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; and two elected representatives of the McNichols faculty; two representatives ITS staff will be ex officio members of the team
Reports to Vice President for Business and Finance and Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
3 faculty representatives
Sue Homant, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2014)
Shadi Bani Taan, Mathematics & Computer Science, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2015)
Rick Hill, Chairperson, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2014) (MFA)
2 administrative or staff representatives
Ken Palazzolo, Director, Enterprise Information System (term expires 8/2014)
Edward G. Tracy, Associate Vice President, Information Technology Services (term expires 8/2014)
2 ex officio staff representatives of ITS
TBA (term expires 8/2013)
Martin Frankhouse, Network Manager, Information Technology Services (term expires 8/2013)
1 Library representative
Sara Martin, Associate Dean for Technical Services and Library Systems, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 8/2015)
1 Instructional Design Studio representative
Anthony Cressey, Instructional Designer, Instructional Design Studio (term expires 8/2014)
1 Dental School representative
Walter Lim, Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2014)
1 Law School representative
Chris Congdon (term expires 8/2014)
2 student representatives
Brittany Cole (term expires 8/2013)
TBA (term expires 8/2014)
- Identify departments and academic programs where technology is underutilized (1.2.3)
- Implement lecture capture solutions and archive content to allow students to revisit important learning experiences (2.4.1)
- Survey the University population and recommend a communication solution(s) that addresses the volume and targeting concerns of the University students, faculty, and administration.
- Identify a list of the advantages and disadvantages to a "Cloud" for UDM.
- Draft a formal disaster recovery plan and recommendations for appropriate distribution.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Establish, in consultation with the Vice President for Business and Finance and/or the Provost/VPAA, goals for the academic year.
- Provide recommendations to Vice President for Business and Finance and/or Provost/VPAA and the information technology staff of the university about planning for academic technology needs.
- Provide recommendations on technology needs regarding the development of online/hybrid courses/programs and courseware.
- Make recommendations regarding software; web standards; planning for IT infrastructure, and strategic IT planning for the university.
- As requested by the Vice President for Business and Finance and/or Provost/VPAA, monitor and provide guidance to other IT committees and groups. The team reserves the right to appoint permanent or case specific liaisons to such committees and groups.
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the Vice President for Business and Finance and/or Provost/VPAA.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to (sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu). Information will be posted to the shared governance website (udmercy.edu/governance). The secretary of the committee is responsible for these postings and for informing Campus Connections of new postings. If there is no secretary identified for the committee, a member should be selected who is responsible for this task.