Organizational Structure and Tasks
- Identify software being licensed annually from multiple departments to determine if there are cost savings opportunities (ex. Visio).
- Identify a list of the advantages and disadvantages to a "Cloud" for UDM.
Determine Team's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions)
Draft operational policies and procedures (e.g., frequency of meetings, who calls meetings), notification time for meetings (e.g., ten days), time period for distribution of agenda (e.g., five days), timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes
Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, advice, membership records and other actions
Draft general assessment process and goals for first year (to be updated annually)
Consider the continuation of the Knowledge Support Group and its procedures for appointment to the Group
Include clear time limits for action on various issues as per paragraph 4 under "Further Details" of Shared Governance Task Force proposal approved by the university community.
Deliberate and act on priority issues identified by the Vice President for Business and Finance
Provide Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2005
- Establish, in consultation with the Vice President for Business and Finance and/or the Provost/VPAA, goals for the academic year.
- Provide recommendations to Vice President for Business and Finance and/or Provost/VPAA and the information technology staff of the university about planning for academic technology needs.
- Provide recommendations on technology needs regarding the development of online/hybrid courses/programs and courseware.
- Make recommendations regarding software; web standards; planning for IT infrastructure, and strategic IT planning for the university.
- As requested by the Vice President for Business and Finance and/or Provost/VPAA, monitor and provide guidance to other IT committees and groups. The team reserves the right to appoint permanent or case specific liaisons to such committees and groups.
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the Vice President for Business and Finance and/or Provost/VPAA.
- Identify departments and academic programs where technology is underutilized. (1.2.3)
- Survey the University population and recommend a communication solution(s) that addresses the volume and targeting concerns of the University students, faculty, and administration.
- Draft a formal disaster recovery plan and recommendations for appropriate distribution.