Faculty Development Team
Nine-member team: one representative of the Dental School faculty; one representative of the Law School faculty; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty; and two administrative representatives
Reports to Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and through that office to other bodies as appropriate
5 faculty representatives
Allegra Pitera, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2014)
Carmen Stokes, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2014)
Cynthia Langham, Communicastion Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015)
Maia Platt, Health Services Administration, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2015)
Lori Glenn, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2014) (MFA)
2 administrative representatives
Sharon Moser, Physician Assistant, College of Health Professions (term expires 8/2013)
Jeff Ingalsbe, Computer and information Systems, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 8/2014)
1 Dental School representative
Kathi Shepherd, Director of Outcomes Assessment, Chair of Dental Hygiene Division, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2014)
1 Law School representative
Jacqueline Hand (term expires 8/2014)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Cate Caldwell, Director of Office of Sponsored Research Activities (term expires 8/2014)
- Review the Implementation Grid of the Strategic Plan to identify potential collaborative opportunities for the Faculty Development Team and recommend how the Team could be involved. E.g. 1.1.3; 1.3.1; 1.3.2; 2.4.3 etc
- Provide input concerning topics for "Second Wednesday" series.
- Seek input from faculty about programs and resources need to support faculty development.
- Work with various colleges/schools as a liaison/resource for faculty development activities.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Encourage and when possible, facilitate a broad range of interdisciplinary discussions among faculty at all the schools.
- Responsible for development and designation of faculty awards
- Make recommendations to the appropriate administrators regarding, and where appropriate, implementing steps that can be taken to further faculty professional development
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to (sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu). Information will be posted to the shared governance website (udmercy.edu/governance). The secretary of the committee is responsible for these postings and for informing Campus Connections of new postings. If there is no secretary identified for the committee, a member should be selected who is responsible for this task