Faculty Development Team
Nine-member team: one representative of the dental school faculty; one representative of the law school faculty; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty; and two administrative representatives
Reports to provost/vice president of Academic Affairs and through that office to other bodies as appropriate
5 faculty representatives
Maia Platt, Health Services Administration, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017)
Barbara Ciotta, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Rachel DeWitt, Physician Assistant, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Arthur Ko, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Suzanne Keep, Nursing, Aquinas Campus (term expires 3/2017) (MFA)
2 administrative representatives
Catherine Caldwell, Director, Office of Sponsored Research Activities (term expires 3/2017)
Russ Davidson, III, Associate Dean for Instructional Technology, Instructional Design Studio (term expires 3/2017)
1 Dental School representative
Kathi Shepherd, Assistant Dean of Educational Development and Assessment, School of Dentistry (term expires 3/2017)
1 Law School representative
Howard Abrams, Professor (term expires 3/2017)
- Identify areas of faculty concern and recommend campus safety topics for resource development; work with Public Safety to develop Campus Safety Instructional Tools to address these concerns.
- Create a proposal for a formal junior/senior faculty mentorship program at UDM that addresses early career faculty and mid-career faculty.
- For University-wide Faculty Development Team sponsored/co-sponsored events, continue to assist in monitoring the event, introducing speakers, creating evaluation instruments.
- Develop a Table of Contents for a proposed online eFaculty Handbook.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Keep the University community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the team is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu for posting on the shared governance website.
- Verify whether team's operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson by December 1. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view