Faculty Development Team
Nine-member team: one representative of the Dental School faculty; one representative of the Law School faculty; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty; and two administrative representatives
Reports to Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and through that office to other bodies as appropriate
5 faculty representatives
Barbara Burson, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2015)
Cynthia Langham, Communication Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015)
Sheri Pickover, Counseling, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Elaine Webber, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016)
Kathy Moran, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
2 administrative representatives
Catherine Caldwell, Director, Office of Sponsored Research Activities (term expires 8/2016)
Russ Davidson, III, Associate Dean for Instructional Technology, Instructional Design Studio (term expires 8/2016)
1 Dental School representative
Kathi Shepherd, Director of Outcomes Assessment, Chair of Dental Hygiene Division, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2016)
1 Law School representative
Lee Goldman, Professor (term expires 8/2016)
- Review the Implementation Grid of the Strategic Plan to identify potential collaborative opportunities for the Faculty Development Team and recommend how the Team could be involved. (1.1.3; 1.3.1; 1.3.2; 2.4.3 etc.)
- Provide input concerning topics and speakers for the Provost/VPAA's "Second Wednesday" series.
- Seek input from faculty about programs and resources needed to support faculty development.
- Work with various colleges/schools as a liaison/resource for faculty development activities.
- Review and assess the revised New Faculty Orientation program that was implemented in fall of 2013. Provide suggestions and/or recommendations for change and enhancement.
- Talk with key stakeholders within the university community and create a proposal for a formal Junior/Senior faculty mentorship program at UDM that addresses early career faculty and mid-career faculty.
- For university wide faculty development sponsored, co-sponsored events, assist in monitoring the event, introducing speakers, creating evaluation instruments.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Encourage and when possible, facilitate a broad range of interdisciplinary discussions among faculty at all the schools.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary to the committee is responsible for sending minutes to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.