Facilities Planning, Standards, and Safety Team
Ten-member team: four administrative or staff representatives; one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; one elected representative of the McNichols faculty; and two students
Reports to Vice President for Business and Finance
2 faculty representatives
Mostafa Mehrabi, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2014)
Allegra Pitera, Architecture, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2014) (MFA)
4 administrative or staff representatives
Letitia Y. Williams, Director of Public Safety (term expires 8/2014)
Will Wittig, Dean, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2014)
Alysa Jackson, Director, University Services, Facility Operations (term expires 8/2015)
Jeffrey A. Nardecchia, Assistant Registrar (term expires 8/2015)
1 Dental School representative
Bradd Melville, Development Officer (term expires 8/2015)
1 Law School representative
Amy Smith, Assistant Dean for Operations and Chief of Staff (term expires 8/2014)
2 student representatives
Karic Jones (term expires 8/2013)
Cordon Murphy (term expires 8/2014)
- Invest capital resources in classrooms, labs and studios where appropriate to ensure effective learning and customer satisfaction (2.2.1)
- Identify specific cost savings recommendations related to facilities usage.
- Recommend standards for office space (size and amenities) and suggestions for multi-purposing, downsizing, and other modifications. (For example: sharing space for part-time or modified full-time positions, multi-purpose office suites, etc.)
- Develop university-wide policy for smoking guidelines/distance from buildings on the McNichols Campus in compliance with the City of Detroit code guidelines and include recommendations about signage on buildings. See School of Law as a model.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Make recommendations regarding ways to prioritize among needed renovation/repairs as well as new projects.
- Make recommendations regarding compliance with the American with Disabilities Act in facilities.
- Provide ideas for improving:
- campus aesthetics
- campus safety
- OSHA compliance
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the Vice President for Business and Finance.