Facilities Planning, Standards, and Safety Team
Ten-member team: four administrative or staff representatives; one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; one elected representative of the McNichols faculty; and two students
Reports to Vice President for Business and Finance
2 faculty representatives
Lori Glenn, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016)
Allegra Pitera, Chairperson, Architecture, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
4 administrative or staff representatives
Alysa Jackson, Director, University Services, Facility Operations (term expires 8/2015)
Jeffrey A. Nardecchia, Assistant Registrar, Office of the Registrar (term expires 8/2015)
Letitia Y. Williams, Director of Public Safety (term expires 8/2016)
Will Wittig, Dean, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2016)
1 Dental School representative
Tom Sklut, Director of Development (term expires 8/2015)
1 Law School representative
Amy Smith, Assistant Dean for Operations and Chief of Staff (term expires 8/2016)
2 student representatives
TBD (term expires 8/2015)
TBD (term expires 8/2016)
- Investigate and make recommendation on whether each building should house a defibulator and/or epi-pen
- Review the most recent UDM McNichols campus deferred maintenance and capital improvement list (to be provided by the Facilities Department) in order to provide input and recommendations regarding the status of projects including recommending priorities from a user perspective. Include discussions with de facto building managers (for example, Dean’s for buildings dedicated to specific academic units) to get more detailed information on current needs and priorities
- Conduct a survey of all McNichols campus building entries for adequacy of lighting and signage, compliance with ADA requirements for accessibility, and Building Code requirements. Provide a summary of locations and issues that need to be addressed to improve safety
- Recommend standards for office space (size and amenities) and suggestions for multipurposing, downsizing, or other modifications. (For example: sharing space for part-time or modified full-time positions, multi-purpose office suites, etc.
- Keep the university community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary to the committee is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Verify whether team’s operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson at email@example.com by December 1, 2014. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.