Facilities Planning, Standards, and Safety Team
Ten-member team: four administrative or staff representatives; one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; one elected representative of the McNichols faculty; and two students
Reports to Vice President for Business and Finance
2 faculty representatives
Lori Glenn, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016)
Allegra Pitera, Chairperson, Architecture, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
4 administrative or staff representatives
Alysa Jackson, Director, University Services, Facility Operations (term expires 8/2015)
Jeffrey A. Nardecchia, Assistant Registrar, Office of the Registrar (term expires 8/2015)
Letitia Y. Williams, Director of Public Safety (term expires 8/2016)
Will Wittig, Dean, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2016)
1 Dental School representative
Tom Sklut, Director of Development (term expires 8/2015)
1 Law School representative
Amy Smith, Assistant Dean for Operations and Chief of Staff (term expires 8/2016)
2 student representatives
TBD (term expires 8/2015)
TBD (term expires 8/2016)
- Invest capital resources in classrooms, labs and studios where appropriate to ensure effective learning and customer satisfaction (2.2.1)
- Identify specific cost savings recommendations related to facilities usage.
- Recommend standards for office space (size and amenities) and suggestions for multi-purposing, downsizing, and other modifications. (For example: sharing space for part-time or modified full-time positions, multi-purpose office suites, etc.)
- Develop university-wide policy for smoking guidelines/distance from buildings on the McNichols Campus in compliance with the City of Detroit code guidelines and include recommendations about signage on buildings. See School of Law as a model.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Make recommendations regarding compliance with the American with Disabilities Act in facilities.
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the Vice President for Business and Finance.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary to the committee is responsible for sending minutes to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.