Nine-member team: one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; one elected representative of the McNichols faculty; and five administrative representatives
Provides advice to the President as needed
2 faculty representatives
Greg Ulferts, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2016)
Todd Hibbard, Co-Chair, Religious Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016) (MFA)
5 administrative representatives
Mark Denham, Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 8/2016)
James D. Priskey, Secretary, Controller (term expires 8/2016)
Lisa Zessin, Special Assistant to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (term expires 8/2016)
TBA (term expires 8/2017)
Victoria Spallone, Co-Chair, Controller's Office (term expires 8/2017)
1 Dental School representative
Lynn Sikawa, Director of Clinic Operations (term expires 8/2016)
1 Law School representative
Amy Smith, Associate Dean for Operations (term expires 8/2016)
- Continue to identify University assets that could be used to generate incremental revenue working with University Advancement, Business and Finance, and Academic Affairs (4.2.1)
- Complete operating guideline for the processes to be used in securing revenue and committing University assets working with University Advancement, Business and Finance, and Academic Affairs (4.2.2)
- Implement a President’s Council mandate requiring Return On Investment (“ROI”) analysis for managerial decision making working with all Vice Presidents and AP for Mission Identity (4.3.1)
- Implement a President’s Council mandate requiring formal update and analysis of actual financial results of individual decisions compared to the planned results anticipated in the ROI analysis working with all Vice Presidents and AP for Mission Identity (4.3.2)
- Utilize teaching load information for decision making on the elimination of low quality low enrollment programs that provide negative financial contribution to the University working with President’s Cabinet (4.4.2)
- Serve in an advisory capacity for the annual budget development process regarding issues such as budgeting assumptions, capital spending plans, and tuition and fee increases.
- Keep the university community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending minutes to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Verify whether team's operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson at email@example.com by December 1, 2014. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view