Nine-member team: one law school representative; one dental school representative; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; one elected representative of the McNichols faculty; and five administrative representatives
Provides advice to the president as needed
2 faculty representatives
Greg Ulferts, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2017)
Timothy Creel, Accounting, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2017) (MFA)
5 administrative representatives
Mark Denham, Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017)
James D. Priskey, Secretary, Controller (term expires 3/2017)
Lisa Zessin, Special Assistant to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (term expires 3/2017)
TBA (term expires 8/2017)
Victoria Spallone, Co-Chair, Controller's Office (term expires 8/2017)
1 Dental School representative
Lynn Sikawa, Director of Clinic Operations (term expires 3/2017)
1 Law School representative
Amy Smith, Associate Dean for Operations (term expires 3/2017)
- Provide advice regarding budget priorities and concerns as they relate to core academic issues, including how resources might be (re)allocated to address core academic matters within the structure of budget priorities and concerns.
- Serve as part of the annual budget process in an advisory capacity as needed regarding issues such as budgeting assumptions, capital spending plans, and tuition and fee increases in accordance with the established budget cycle timeline.
- Provide suggestions and input on broader budgetary issues that impact university-wide core academic concerns.
- Review Program Cost Study and make recommendations to the Provost.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Keep the University community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports for posting to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending minutes to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Verify whether team's operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson by December 1. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view