Nine-member team: one Law School representative; one Dental School representative; one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members; one elected representative of the McNichols faculty; and five administrative representatives
Provides advice to the President as needed
2 faculty representatives
Greg Ulferts, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2014)
Lori Glenn, McAuley School of Nursing (term expires 3/2014) (MFA)
5 administrative representatives
Joseph Eisenhauer, Dean, College of Business Administration (term expires 8/2014)
James D. Priskey, Secretary, Controller (term expires 8/2014)
Lisa Zessin, Special Assistant to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (term expires 8/2014)
Eileen Pawlowski, Associate Director, Alumni Relation (term expires 8/2015)
Victoria Spallone, Controller's Office (term expires 8/2015)
1 Dental School representative
Maureen Lennox, Chairperson, Director of Business and Finance (term expires 8/2014)
1 Law School representative
Steve Mazurak (term expires 2014)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Melanie Dara, Analyst - Budget & Cost, Budget & Financial Analysis (term expires 8/2015)
- Identify University assets that could be used to generate incremental revenue working with University Advancement, Business and Finance, and Academic Affairs (4.2.1)
- Create an operating guideline for the processes to be used in securing revenue and committing University assets working with University Advancement, Business and Finance, and Academic Affairs (4.2.2)
- Implement a President’s Council mandate requiring Return On Investment (“ROI”) analysis for managerial decision making working with all Vice Presidents and AP for Mission Identity (4.3.1)
- Implement a President’s Council mandate requiring formal update and analysis of actual financial results of individual decisions compared to the planned results anticipated in the ROI analysis working with all Vice Presidents and AP for Mission Identity (4.3.2)
- Utilize teaching load information for decision making on the elimination of low quality low enrollment programs that provide negative financial contribution to the University working with President’s Cabinet (4.4.2)
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Provide advice regarding budget priorities and concerns as they relate to core academic issues.
- Work with appropriate University constituencies to seek and develop potential revenue-generating opportunities.
- Upon request, serve in an advisory capacity for the annual budget development process regarding issues such as budgeting assumptions, capital spending plans, and tuition and fee increases.
- Provide expertise and input on broader budgetary issues that impact core academic concerns without only advocating for specific units.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to (sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu). Information will be posted to the shared governance website (udmercy.edu/governance). The secretary of the committee is responsible for these postings and for informing Campus Connections of new postings. If there is no secretary identified for the committee, a member should be selected who is responsible for this task.