Eleven-member team: one representative of the law school; one representative of the dental school; one representative from each of the colleges/schools (selected by the college/school); one representative from the library; one faculty member selected by the MFA from its members; and two administrative representatives
Reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
Assessment Report Cycles and Submission Dates
Submission 1 Parts I, II, III (items 1-3)
Submission 2 Part III (Items 4-7)
Submission 3 Part III (Items 8-9)
|Written Communication||January 15, 2013||September 30, 2013||September 30, 2014|
|Oral Communication||January 30, 2014||September 30, 2014||September 30, 2015|
|Social Responsibility||February 27, 2015||September 30, 2016||September 30, 2017|
|Critical Thinking||April 15, 2016||September 30, 2017||September 30, 2018|
The Assessment Team seeks to collaborate with departments/programs/units to ensure that effective assessment of student learning occurs across the University. To assist in meeting this goal, the team requests that you complete the Assessment Report for your specific program. The form is listed below.
Representatives from the colleges/schools/library
Jill Turner, Chairperson, Reference Department, School of Dentistry Library (term expires 3/2017)
Claudia Bernasconi, School of Architecture (terem expires 3/2018)
Sharla Fasko, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2018)
Mary White, Nursing, College of Health Professions and McAuley School of Nursing (term expires 3/2018)
TBD, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2018)
TBD, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2018)
Andrew Papa, Performing Arts, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017) (MFA)
2 administrative representatives
TBD (term expires 8/2017)
Elizabeth Roberts-Kirchhoff, Director of Assessment (ex officio)
1 Dental School representative
Maureen Van Hook, Director, Dental Hygiene, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2017)
1 Law School representative
Charisse Heath, Assistant Dean, Academic Success (term expires 3/2017)
The chairperson of a team and/or the administrator to whom the team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Lara Wasner, Director, Language and Cultural Training (term expires 3/2018)
- Continue to evaluate the data collected in previous cycles and provide a summary and/or recommendations that:
- identifies themes or concerns of gaps in either in pedagogy, evaluation or related issues;
- determines if changes have occurred and note exemplars;
- provides recommendations about needed faculty development or information that should be shared with college/school deans and Curriculum Committees as an effort to “close the loop".
- Develop an annual summary of assessment activities initiated by the Team, the results of those assessment activities, and explain precisely how the data collected/results have been shared, and how it has been utilized in ongoing planning.
- Revies the draft of the criterion 4 section of the assurance argument. Provide feedback to the criterion 4 subcommittee. Based on a review of Criterion 4, make recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs concerning strengths and gaps.
- Develop in writing approaches for sharing best practices around the University regarding assessment.
- Review the assessment methodologies being used by each school and identify those schools in which assessment activities should be commended, as well as those requiring improvement.
- Keep the University community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the team is responsible for sending these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting on the shared governance website.
- Verify whether team’s operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson at email@example.com by December 1, 2015. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view