Eleven-member team: one representative of the Law School; one representative of the Dental School; one representative from each of the colleges/schools (selected by the college/school); one representative from the library; one faculty member selected by the MFA from its members; and two administrative representatives
Reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
Assessment Report Cycles and Submission Dates
Submission 1 Parts I, II, III (items 1-3)
Submission 2 Part III (Items 4-7)
Submission 3 Part III (Items 8-9)
|Written Communication||January 15, 2013||September 30, 2013||September 30, 2014|
|Oral Communication||January 30, 2014||September 30, 2014||September 30, 2015|
|Social Responsibility||February 27, 2015||September 30, 2016||September 30, 2017|
|Critical Thinking||April 15, 2016||September 30, 2017||September 30, 2018|
The Assessment Team seeks to collaborate with departments/programs/units to ensure that effective assessment of student learning occurs across the University. To assist in meeting this goal, the team requests that you complete the Assessment Report for your specific program. The form is listed below.
Representatives from the Colleges/Schools/Library
Sharla Fasko, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Mary Higby, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2016)
TBD (term expires 3/2016)
TBD (term expires 3/2017)
Steve LaGrassa, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2017)
Jill Turner, Chairperson, Reference Department, School of Dentistry Library (term expires 3/2017)
Rosanne Burson, Nursing Practice, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016) (MFA)
2 administrative representatives
Lara Wasner, Director, Foreign Language and Culture (term expires 8/2015)
Elizabeth Roberts-Kirchhoff, Director of Assessment (ex officio)
1 Dental School representative
Maureen Van Hook, Director, Dental Hygiene, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2017)
1 Law School representative
Charisse Heath, Assistant Dean, Academic Success (term expires 8/2016)
- Evaluate the data collected in previous cycles and provide a summary and/or recommendations that:
- identifies themes or concerns of gaps in either in pedagogy, evaluation or related issues;
- determine if changes have occurred and note exemplars;
- provides recommendations about needed faculty development or information that should be shared with college/school Deans and Curriculum Committees as an effort to “close” the loop.
- Review information about the HLC Standard Pathway especially Criterion 4, and meet with Dr. Nancy Calleja, HLC Self Study Project Director, to begin discussing Criterion 4 as we assess the University's status in preparation for the site visit.
- Based on a review of Criterion 4, make recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs concerning strengths and gaps.
- Enhance assurance of learning; establish rubrics for specific programs, assess outcomes, and establish meaningful consequences for failure to achieve working with Deans/Faculty of Colleges and Schools and the President's Council. (University Strategic Plan 1.1.1)
- Develop in writing approaches for sharing best practices around the university regarding assessment.
- Review the assessment methodologies being used by each school and identify those schools in which assessment activities should be commended, as well as those requiring improvement.
- Keep the university community informed of team activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the team is responsible for sending these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting on the shared governance website.
- Verify whether team’s operational policy and procedures are consistent with practice. Submit your revised document to the Shared Governance Task Force through the chairperson at email@example.com by December 1, 2014. If there are no changes to be made notify the SGTF chairperson by the same date.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view