Organizational Structure and Tasks
- Review information about the HLC Standard Pathway especially Criterion 4, and meet with Nancy Calleja, HLC Self Study Project Director, to begin discussing Criterion 4 as we assess the University's status in preparation for the site visit.
- Based on a review of Criterion 4, make recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs concerning strengths and gaps.
- Enhance assurance of learning; establish rubrics for specific programs, assess outcomes, and establish meaningful consequences for failure to achieve working with deans/faculty of colleges and schools and the President's Council. (University Strategic Plan 1.1.1)
- Determine Team's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions)
- Draft operational policies and procedures (e.g., frequency of meetings, who calls meetings), notification time for meetings (e.g., ten days), time period for distribution of agenda (e.g., five days), timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes
- Team replaces the Educational Outcomes Assessment Committee.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, advice, membership records and other actions
- Draft general assessment process and goals for first year (to be updated annually)
- Include clear time limits for action on various issues as per paragraph 4 under "Further Details" of Shared Governance Task Force proposal approved by the university community.
- Deliberate and act on priority issues identified by the Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Provide Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2005.
- Enhance assurance of learning; establish rubrics for specific programs assess outcomes and establish meaningful consequences for failure to achieve working with Deans/Faculty of Colleges and Schools and the President’s Council. (PC) (1.1.1)
- Develop the next phase of the assessment plan so that it focuses on the themes found in the Core Curriculum document.
- Review the current Higher Learning Commission (HLC) guidelines associated with accreditation in preparation for the University's site visit in 2016.
- Develop mechanism for sharing best practices around the university regarding assessment.