UDM Shared Governance
The UDM Shared Governance framework is now in place! It was adopted by the faculties and administrative leadership of the law school, the dental school, and McNichols. It has also been adopted by the University administration and the Board of Trustees. The Shared Governance Task Force is responsible for overseeing the implementation of this framework, for deciding issues that arise in terms of relative powers and responsibilities, etc. If you have a question for the Task Force, you can contact us at email@example.com.
While we should all congratulate ourselves on the way the entire university community has come together to approve this framework, we should remember that the framework is just one step (albeit an important one) towards the creation of a culture of shared governance. How well we succeed as a university in creating a culture of cooperation and communication will ultimately depend on all of us. Even the best of structures cannot replace the need for good faith, good will, and the hard work that is part of listening, communicating, and sharing.
As a university community we have made significant progress in the right direction during the pilot period, and the entire university is better for it. With the approval of this shared governance framework, we have taken another step forward. In some senses the work of shared governance has only just begun. We appreciate your willingness to move forward together with it.
Shared Governance Task Force Members
- Margaret E. Auer, Chairperson, Dean, Libraries & Instructional Technology (term expires 8/2015)
- Mert Aksu, Dean, School of Dentistry (term expires 8/2015)
- Leonard J. Kloft, Assistant Dean, College of Business Administration (term expires 8/2015)
- Phyllis Crocker, Dean, School of Law (term expires 8/2016)
- Christine Pacini, Dean, College of Health Professions & McAuley School of Nursing (term expires 8/2016)
- Greg Ulferts, Decision Science, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2016)
- Carol Weisfeld, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
- Constance Burke-Schmidt, Physician Assistant, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017)
- Heather Hill-Vasquez, English, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017)