Undergraduate Standards Committee
Seven-member Committee: two administrative non-voting representatives designated by the AVP, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, and four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty.
5 faculty representatives
Yu Peng Lin, Economics, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017)
Molly McClelland, Chairperson, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017)
Greg Laidlaw, Computer & Information Systems, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2018)
Theresa Wyatt, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Amanda Hiber, English, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017) (MFA)
2 non-voting administrative representatives
Diane M. Praet, Associate Vice President and Registrar (term expires 3/2017)
Joe Odoerfer, Associate Dean, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2017)
- Review proposals for undergraduate minors and certificates.
- Review policy changes as they relate to undergraduate students.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to be posted to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgoverance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1.