Undergraduate Standards Committee
Seven-member Committee: two administrative non-voting representatives designated by the AVP, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, and four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty.
5 faculty representatives
Dan Duryea, Addiction Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015)
Cindy Gillham, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2015)
Beth Oljar, Chair, Philosophy, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Robert Ross, Physics, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2016)
Charles Wilson, Criminal Justice, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
2 non-voting administrative representatives
Joe Odoerfer, Associate Dean, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2015)
Diane M. Praet, Associate Vice President and Registrar (term expires 8/2016)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Heather Hill-Vasquez, English, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015)
- Review proposals for undergraduate minors and certificates.
- Review policy changes as they relate to undergraduate students.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to be posted to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to shared goverance (at)udmercy.edu.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position
- ;frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2014.