Undergraduate Program Review Committee
Seven-member Committee: one librarian, one faculty member elected by each of the five colleges/schools with undergraduate degrees, and one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members.
7 faculty representatives
Mithu Bhattacharya, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2015)
Judith Hetsler-Parr, Health Information Managment, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2015)
Jiawen Wang, Chairperson, Education, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/ 2015)
Mohan Krishnan, Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2016)
Jill Spreitzer, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2016)
TBA, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2016)
Julia Eisenstein, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
- Review all undergraduate academic programs on a five to seven year cycle; review accredited programs to coincide with the external accreditation cycle scheduled. (Note: cycles may be modified based on out-of-cycle review process set forth in Shared Governance Task Force proposal.)
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to be posted on the shasred governance website. (sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu). Information will be posted to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to sharedgovernance(at)udmercy.edu.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Establish procedures for consultation with relevant administrators to insure mutual sharing of relevant information, data, and concerns.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2014.