Undergraduate Retention Committee
Ten-member Committee: three administrative representatives designated by the AVP, one staff representative designated by the AVP, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty, one librarian, and two students. Up to three invited members may serve each year.
6 faculty representatives
Mary-Catherine Harrison, Chairperson, English, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017)
Andrea Kwasky, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017)
Sandra Wilson, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2017)
Amanda Hiber, English, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2018)
Elaine Webber, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term exprires 3/2018)
Judy Hetsler-Parr, Health Information Management, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018) (MFA)
3 administrative representatives
Emilie Wetherington, Director, Disability Services (term expires 3/2017)
Monica Williams, Dean of Students (term expires 3/2017)
Deborah Stieffel, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs (term expires 8/2017)
1 staff representative
Megan Marshall, University Minister, University Ministery (term expires 8/2017)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Kathleen Walker, BUILD Student Success Coordinator, Engineering & Science (term expires 8/2017)
- Identify actionable and prioritized recommendations to promote a culture of belonging and inclusion at UDM.
- Identify specific short and long-term strategies to increase student success and retention of undergraduate transfer students.
- Work with the Provost/VPAA to enhance the Faculty/Administrator Search Policy document to promote diversity in recruitment and hiring.
- Review annual, semi-annual, and longitudinal retention outcomes and report observations to senior administrators and university leadership.
- Review comparative retention data for comparable institutions, regional competitors, AJCU members and Mercy sponsored institutions, and self-identified peer and aspirational institutions.
- In collaboration with Institutional Research, create 2015-2016 Annual Retention Report to be distributed to the McNichols Faculty Assembly and submitted to Provost/VPAA for posting on the Academic Affairs website.
- Keep the University community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to be posted to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to email@example.com.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1.