Undergraduate Retention Committee
Ten-member Committee: three administrative representatives designated by the AVP, one staff representative designated by the AVP, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty, one librarian, and two students. Up to three invited members may serve each year.
6 faculty representatives
Amanda Hiber, Secretary, Engish, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Carmen Stokes, Nursing, McAuley School of Nuring, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016)
Mary-Catherine Harrison, Chairperson, English, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017)
Andrea Kwasky, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expired 2017)
Sandra Wilson, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2017)
Suzanne Keep, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2016) (MFA)
3 administrative representatives
Sheryl Johnson-Roulhac, Dean, Career Education Services (term expires 8/2015)
Emilie Wetherington, Director, University Academic Services (term expires 8/2016)
Monica Williams, Dean of Students (term expires 8/2016)
1 staff representative
Jean Krystyniak, Coordinator, Language & Cultural Training (term expires 8/2015)
The chairperson of a Team and/or the administrator to whom the Team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Sean Novak, Recruitment & Retention Coordinator, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 8/2015)
Debbie Stieffel, Vice President for Enrollment & Student Affairs (term expires 8/2015)
Terri Laws, Interim Director of African American Studies Program, Instructor of Religious Studies (term expires 8/2015)
- Determine the most appropriate methodology to conduct a full campus climate study, focused on diversity and inclusive excellence, of all UDM constituent groups (faculty, students, staff, and administrators) about their experiences and perceptions of the university workplace learning, living and working environment (climate) and where improvements can be made.
- Analyze the survey outcomes to assess the campus climate — for people who go to school or work at UDM.
- Present actionable and prioritized recommendations for short and long-term strategies to address climate issues exposed in study.
- Review annual, semi-annual, and longitudinal retention outcomes and report observations to senior administrators and university leadership.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to be posted to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2014.