Graduate Standards and Retention Committee
Seven-member Committee: two administrative non-voting representatives designated by the AVP, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, and four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty. All five of the MFA and McNichols faculty representatives must be from departments with graduate programs.
5 faculty representatives
Mary Leona Serowoky, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2015)
Greg Ulferts, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2015)
Barry Dauphin, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Jim Tubbs, Religious Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Jocelyn Bennett-Garraway, Counseling, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2015) (MFA)
2 non-voting administrative representatives
Diane M. Praet, Associate Vice President and Registrar (term expires 8/2014)
Noah Resnick, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2015)
- Develop a list of recommendations to enhance student life, student-faculty interaction and additional strategies or initiatives to support graduate students on the McNichols campus. Inform the Provost/VPAA of the status of this charge.
- Review the Implementation Grid of the 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan especially those that focus on graduate education and assist if called for input or strategies to fulfill the action steps to meet the goals and objectives.
- Review the following Action Steps and associated objectives and goals:
- Increase undergraduate and graduate enrollment by 10%.(2.2.1)
- Improve faculty and staff knowledge, understanding and implementation strategies that help students build self-efficacy. (2.4.3)
- Enhance the marketing strategy to target transfer graduate, and online students while expanding our mobile readiness for the entire website to maximize access to student and students to UDM. (2.5.3)
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view
- Make determinations regarding minimum cross-cutting admissions-related standards, graduate grading policy, minimum graduation requirements, and standards that apply for the transfer of credits.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports to (shared governance(at)udmercy.edu). Information will be posted to the shared governance website (udmercy.edu/governance). The secretary of the committee is responsible for these postings and for informing Campus Connections of new postings. If there is no secretary identified for the committee, a member should be selected who is responsible for this task.