Graduate Standards and Retention Committee
Seven-member Committee: two administrative non-voting representatives designated by the AVP, one faculty member selected by the MFA from among its members, and four elected representatives of the McNichols faculty. All five of the MFA and McNichols faculty representatives must be from departments with graduate programs.
5 faculty representatives
Jennifer Ruel, Nurse Practitioner, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (temporary replacement for B. Dauphin) (term expires 3/2016)
Jim Tubbs, Religious Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016)
Omid Sabagghi, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2017)
Mary Leona Serowoky, Chairperson, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2017)
Jocelyn Bennett-Garraway, Counseling, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2016) (MFA)
2 non-voting administrative representatives
Diane M. Praet, Associate Vice President and Registrar (term expires 8/2016)
Noah Resnick, School of Architecture (term expires 8/2017)
- Develop a list of recommendations to enhance student life, student-faculty interaction and additional strategies or initiatives to support graduate students on the McNichols campus. Inform the Provost/VPAA of the status of this charge.
- Review the following Action Steps and associated objectives and goals in the University Strategic Plan:
- Increase undergraduate and graduate enrollment by 10%.(2.2.1)
- Improve faculty and staff knowledge, understanding and implementation strategies that help students build self-efficacy. (2.4.3)
- Enhance the marketing strategy to target transfer graduate, and online students while expanding our mobile readiness for the entire website to maximize access to student and students to UDM. (2.5.3)
Identify topics to be included in Graduate Resource List (ex. Parking permits, ID cards, sexual harassment policy, etc.)
Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to email@example.com.
Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2014.
Note: Numbers indicate the corresponding 2012-2017 University Strategic Plan action steps Click here to view