Graduate Program Review Committee
Seven-member Committee: one librarian, one faculty member elected by each of the five colleges/schools with graduate degrees, and one faculty member selected from among its members by the MFA.
7 faculty representatives
Karl Ericson, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2017)
Tadd Heidgerken, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2017)
Mostafa Mehrabi, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2017)
Tom Mawhinney, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2018)
Rosanne Bursdon, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Carol Wesifeld, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2018)
Greg Bozimowski, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018) (MFA)
- Review all graduate academic programs on a regular five to seven year cycle; review accredited programs to coincide with the external accreditation cycle scheduled. (Note: cycles may be modified based on out-of-cycle review process set forth in Shared Governance Task Force proposal.)
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Establish procedures for consultation with relevant administrators to insure mutual sharing of relevant information, data, and concerns.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting on shared governance website.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
- Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2015.