Graduate Program Review Committee
Seven-member Committee: one librarian, one faculty member elected by each of the five colleges/schools with graduate degrees, and one faculty member selected from among its members by the MFA.
7 faculty representatives
Karl Ericson, Reference Department, McNichols Campus Library (term expires 3/2017)
Tadd Heidgerken, School of Architecture (term expires 3/2017)
Mostafa Mehrabi, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering & Science (term expires 3/2017)
Tom Mawhinney, Business Administration, College of Business Administration (term expires 3/2018)
Rosanne Burson, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018)
Carol Wesifeld, Chairperson, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2018)
Greg Bozimowski, Nursing, McAuley School of Nursing, College of Health Professions (term expires 3/2018) (MFA)
The chairperson of a team and/or the administrator to whom the team reports may add guests in an “Invited Participant” category. Individuals are invited because of their expertise, potential contributions, or history with the team but have no voting rights. The term of service for invited participants is not to exceed two years. Invited participants are not eligible for reappointment in this category. A team may not exceed three invited participants at any given time.
Joslen Letscher, Education, College of Liberal Arts & Education (term expires 3/2017)
- Review all graduate academic programs on a regular five to seven year cycle; review accredited programs to coincide with the external accreditation cycle scheduled. (Note: cycles may be modified based on out-of-cycle review process set forth in Shared Governance Task Force proposal.)
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Establish procedures for consultation with relevant administrators to insure mutual sharing of relevant information, data, and concerns.
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities by providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting on shared governance website.
- Draft operational policies and procedures:
- define the Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions) and the responsibilities of each position;
- frequency of meetings;
- timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
- Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1, 2015.