Five-member Committee: four adjunct faculty elected by the McNichols adjunct faculty and one adjunct faculty member of the MFA selected by the MFA. Adjunct faculty must have taught at least four academic terms over the past five years to be eligible to be elected to this Committee.
5 faculty representatives
A temporary Adjunct Steering Group has been established until MFA elections are held in spring 2012
Scott Anderson, Mathematics and Comuter Science, College of Engineering & Science
William Bowen, Computer and Information Systems, College of Liberal Arts & Education
Jamie Dylenski, Religious Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Education
Terry Howard, Decision Sciences, College of Business Administration
Kioumars Paryani, Decision Sciences, College of Business Administration
Kathy Stevens, Nursing, College of Health Professions
Dennis Zembala, History, College of Liberal Arts & Education
Initial Organizational Structure and Tasks
- Determine Committee's organizational structure (offiers/leadership, e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions).
- Draft operational policies and procedures (e.g., frequency of meetings, who calls meetings), notification time of meetings (e.g., ten days), time period for distribution of agenda (e.g., five days), timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions
- Draft general assessment process and goals for first year (to be updated annually)
- Include clear time limits for action on various issues as per paragraph 4 under "Further Details" of Shared Governance Task Force proposal as approved by the university community. See also language under section on MFA indicating "During the pilot period, stringent timelines will be established both for committee and MFA processes and actions."
- Deliberate and act on pending issues identified by the Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1.
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the MFA
- Keep the university community informed of committee activities through providing summary minutes of meetings and reports posted to the shared governance website. The secretary of the committee is responsible for these postings and for informing Campus Connections of new postings.