How to Make a Gift
There are several ways to make a cash gift to University of Detroit Mercy. Please consider these gift options:
- Make a gift online! It is safe and easy to make a gift to University of Detroit Mercy! Just take a few minutes to complete the form on our giving site. You will receive an instant confirmation of your gift and you can feel good knowing that your gift is being immediately put to use to benefit our students.
- By U.S. mail: To send a check, please make your check payable to University of Detroit Mercy, and mail to:
University of Detroit Mercy
Office of University Advancement
4001 W. McNichols Rd.
Detroit, MI 48221
- By phone: You can make your gift via credit card by calling the Office of University Advancement at 313-993-1250.
- Gifts of securities (pdf) and Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power Form (pdf)
- Gift Commitment Form (pdf) or for recurring gifts, the Recurring Gift Commitment Form (pdf).
- Bequest, charitable gift annuity, trust: Bequest language and information regarding other planned giving vehicles such as trusts and charitable gift annuities are available at UDM's Planned Giving web site
- Payroll Deduction
Employees of the University may use this payroll deduction authorization form on the Faculty and Staff Campaign brochure (pdf) to make regular contributions to University of Detroit Mercy from their paychecks. For more information about supporting the University as an employee or about this program in particular, please contact Jackie Elliot, Assistant Director of Annual Giving at 313-578-0324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that cash or credit card gifts make you eligible for a deduction for the full value of your gift. You can utilize this deduction for up to 50 percent of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and carry forward any unused portion for up to five additional tax years.
To learn more: Please direct any questions to Ann M. Fisher, Executive Director of Annual Giving, 313-993-1582.