Host a Successful Event: Costs & Considerations
Please see below for costs and considerations when hosting an event at Detroit Mercy. Please note, the below costs are approximations and your event may require additional services.
Use of Facilities Fee
The Use of Facilities Fee is intended to cover utility costs and wear-and-tear on the facilities. This Fee does not include any extra services or costs incurred as a result of the event. There is no charge to Detroit Mercy Departments for facility usage as long as the activity is University-related and within operational hours. Operational hours are defined as Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. for all buildings excluding the Student Center and Fitness Center. A Detroit Mercy Department requesting space for non-University related activities or space outside normal operational hours will be charged the Use of Facilities fee. Events are not to exceed 12 hours/day.
|Architecture Exhibition Space||$75/hour|
|Fitness Center||By Estimate|
Audio Visual Services
The below rates are internal rates; external rates will be estimated upon request.
|Projection Screen- Large||$50|
|Projection Screen- Standard||$25|
|Regular Employee Support Staff||$50/man hour|
|Student Employee Support Staff||$10/man hour|
Catering: Food & Drink
|Table/Chair Set-Up||By Estimate|
|Table Settings||By Estimate|
|Support Staff||By Estimate|
|Environmental Control/Heating & Cooling||By Estimate|
|Trash Receptacles||By Estimate|
|Clean-Up Support Staff Before or After||$23/man hour|
Marketing & Public Affairs
Media Services and Sound Systems Support Staff
$50/hour and $75 set-up/strike fee
Public Safety Support Staff due to the below reasons:
(Minimum of 4 hrs)
While planning your event at Detroit Mercy, make sure to consider all the questions below to help make your event application simple and quick! (Many of these questions are asked on Detroit Mercy's event request form.)
Once you know the answers to these questions, see the page Host an Event at Detroit Mercy to read the Detroit Mercyevent policy and to access the event request form.
- How big is your event? What kind of venue would best suit your event?
- Who is your audience?
- Will your event support the mission of University of Detroit Mercy?
- Is your event a fundraiser?
- Is your event a Greek Life event?
- Does your event need food services, housekeeping, or audio visual services?
- Does your event require internet services?
- Does your event require special access?
- Does your event have special electrical needs?
- Does your event conflict with our lawn or snow removal service?
- Does your event require the McNichols fountain to be turned on?
- Does your event involve special deliveries to Mail Services?
- Does your event require assistance in decoration/set-up?
- Does your event require banners/signs to be hung?
- Does your event conflict with a current construction schedule or project?
- Does your event require special communication, such as email, webpage, mailing, etc.?
- Does your event involve a Food Truck? See our policy.
- What vendors will be present? Do you have event set up instructions?
- What kind of parking will your event need?
- Is your event at the Ss. Peter & Paul Church and require the Law School parking lot?
- Would your event benefit if the Bookstore was available?
- Do you want your event publicized on the main Detroit Mercy marketing page?
- Is the University President or other Executive Board members attendance requested?