Resident Student Mail
- McNichols Campus and Corktown Campus provide limited counter services for resident students. We offer both shipping and receiving of packages and outgoing US Mail services.
- All Resident students are assigned a Student University Mail Services (SUMS) Box through Student Life.
- With a SUMS Box, Resident students are able to receive packages that are shipped by the US Postal Service, UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc. When a package is processed in Mail Services, the receiver is automatically notified via Detroit Mercy email. Students can bring the 5-digit Package ID# and Detroit Mercy Student ID to Mail Services to receive their package.
- Under no circumstances will a package be released to anyone other than the addressee.
- Per Detroit Mercy Mail Services Policy, unclaimed packages will be discarded after 30 days.
- If a resident student is aware of an important shipment coming in, we recommend contacting Mail Services (313.993.1240) with a tracking number to check on shipment status.
- Dental School and Law School both accept incoming packages at their current locations.
- Mail Services provides a package shipping service for students to have their packages weighed and priced at the best possible rate. Payment for the shipment will be made in the Student Accounting Office after Mail Services has quoted the price. A receipt must be brought back to Mail Services and then the package may be mailed.
- University receives discounted rates from UPS and DHL and therefore will rarely use FedEx for outgoing shipments.
SUMS Box Mailing Address for Students
TOMMY TITAN, SUMS #1000
UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT MERCY
4001 W MCNICHOLS RD
DETROIT MI 48221-3038