UPS is the only carrier that the University uses for shipping of packages and priority deliveries. Prior to processing any outgoing shipments, you are required to read and comply with the information on the Outgoing Packages page.
- Ground Service is the most economical way of shipping. Please be advised, sending a package Next Day may cost up to four times the amount of a ground shipment and therefore should only be used in emergency situations or with priority shipments such as perishables or medications. For advice on what service to use, please contact Mail Services at 313-993-1240.
- UPS will pick up from a central location on each of the UDM campuses. UPS Pick up/Drop off points are as follows:
- Corktown Campus: Mail Services, Rm 1110, Clinic Building
- McNichols Campus: Mail Services, Facility Operations Building & Drop Box, Behind Gate House near Livernois entrance
- Riverfront Campus: Mail Services, Student Services, Dowling Hall
- Items should never be shipped from non-University addresses or locations, using University accounts.
- Tracking Packages. To track the location of your package, please visit the carrier's web site and enter the tracking number in the appropriate area of the site. If your package has already been delivered to UDM, Mail Services personnel are able to identify the exact location using the Mail Services Tracking System. For assistance in tracking your package, please call Mail Services at 313-993-1240.
Carrier Web Sites
Links open in a new window