Outgoing Shipments & Packages
Please be aware, all incoming and outgoing packages, excluding resident student mail, are property of University of Detroit Mercy. Personal property should never be shipped through the University's Mail Service.
All packages are to be prepared by the sender according to the shipping company's specifications. Packages are to be wrapped in a carrier approved box or shipping envelope and addressed according to the carrier's specifications. Incomplete processing by the sender will cause the package to be refused or returned to the department sending it.
- Shipping supplies such as large boxes, are the responsibility of the sending department. If you need any UPS or USPS supplies, please contact Mail Services.
Shipping from the University
- Because of its quickness and low cost, UPS Ground is highly encouraged for all outgoing packages shipped from the University. Enter your Zip Code to see a map of how long your UPS Ground delivery will take!
- Next day shipments should only be used in emergency situations or if your package is time-definite.
Drop Off Times
- For all outgoing shipments and packages, please have your deliveries to Mail Services before 10:00am and before 3:00pm to make certain they are delivered that day.
- If you have a processed package within 16" x 13" x 3" measurements, a UPS Drop Box is available on the McNichols Campus behind the Gate House off the Livernois entrance. UPS has a daily pick up around 6:00pm for your after-hour packages.