Delivery of Packages
- Per UDM Mail Services Policy, please allow 48 hours for delivery of a package to a department. If the receipt of your package is urgent, please contact Mail Services at 313-993-1240 with a tracking number.
- With the exception of resident students, personal mail or packages are not to be addressed to a University address. Please deliver all personal mail to your home or any other private address that you designate.
- For large, special delivers (pallets/skids of items), please make arrangements with Alysa Jackson in Mail Services (313.993.1240). Our delivery hours are between 9:00AM and 3:00PM for special deliveries.
Department Responsible for Payment
- The Mail Services postage budget is used ONLY for outgoing U.S. Mail postage fees or any outgoing packages sent through the United States Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS), DHL (International packages only).
- Incoming shipments and freight costs are the responsibility of the departments receiving the goods. Under no circumstances are incoming shipments to be charged to the Mail Services budget. Additionally, Mail Services does not accept C.O.D. packages.
- University account numbers for the USPS, DHL, and UPS are never to be given to an outside vendor or agency for the purpose of charging a shipment to the University.