Incoming U.S. Mail
The University's incoming mail is picked up from the Post Office late morning; however, arrival time is dependent upon the United States Postal Service sorting system. When received, mail is sorted by department name and then distributed to the various mail pickup and drop off locations throughout the University. On some occasions, Mail Services' delivery of incoming USPS mail may be delayed for the following reasons:
- U.S. Mail delivery arrived too late to sort in time for normal delivery
- Post Office is closed due to a Federal Holiday
- Staffing shortage at Mail Services
Priority & Overnight Shipments
- All efforts are made to deliver priority/overnight mail & packages on the day of arrival.
- When U.S. Mail arrives addressed only to University of Detroit Mercy with no specific department or individual's name, Mail Services reserves the right to open the mail to determine the addressee. Every effort is made to ensure the mail is delivered to the correct University destination.
- With the exception of students, personal mail or packages should not be addressed to a University address. Personal packages are to be delivered to your home or any other private address that you designate.