- Use natural light rather than electrical light in your office when possible.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room or when you notice them on in an unoccupied space.
- If nightlights in hallways are sufficient, leave the main bank turned off.
- Dress in layers to stay comfortable.
- Adjust room temperature by adjusting your radiator valve, not by opening the window. If there is a heating issue in your area, please contact Facility Operations.
- Always turn off computers at the end of the workday.
- Set your monitor to power off when your computer is idle.
- Unplug your electronic equipment when you leave for a weekend or break. Electronics use power even when they are off!
- Turn off the TV when you leave your dorm room.
- If you drive a University vehicle, don't leave the engine running when parked.