CEC Advisory Council
The Career Education Center Advisory Council will provide a forum for employers and Career Education Center staff to engage in relevant discussions regarding a wide variety of career and employment issues. Information gathered from these discussions will contribute to the quality and impact of services and programs for UDM students.
The Advisory Council will include representatives from a wide variety of industries which employ college graduates in Southeast Michigan. This board will meet at least twice each year on the UDM campus. Council meeting topics may include current economic and business trends, skills needed by new college graduates, internship programs, marketing to today's young adults, etc. UDM faculty members and other university staff (from related areas) may interact with Council members while they are on campus.
Expectations from Advisory Council members:
- Post available jobs and internships that your organization has in our TitanCareerLink job posting system
- Participate in at least one event per year (e.g. Career Fair or On-Campus Recruiting)
- Be open to conducting class presentations to promote your organization and share work world information with students
- Be available for referrals from our staff such as opportunities for students to conduct informational interviews with you
- Be willing to take part in the “Recruiter-In-Residence” program
- Attend scheduled Employer Advisory Council meetings (held twice per year) or send a substitute
- Report any hires from UDM so that we may celebrate our students’ achievements
- Provide industry information to share with faculty
- Be open to hosting a site visit with your organization, which may include students and faculty