The Post-Master’s Clinical Nurse Leader Graduate Certificate option is available to applicants that have already earned a Master’s of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited program. This certificate program does not lead to an academic degree from the University of Detroit-Mercy.
The graduate Clinical Nurse Leader Post-Master’s Certificate Program requires 22 credit hours of course work inclusive of a clinical immersion project (designed with the health system partner). The MSON is committed to flexibility in the program and therefore offers part-time options for degree completion. A certificate of completion is awarded at the completion of the certificate program requirements.
Admission criteria for the CNL Post-Master’s Certificate Program is inclusive of the admission requirements to Graduate Nursing Programs at UDM and also requires an interview with the CNL Program Coordinator and a letter of support from the employing organization.
1. A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program
2. A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
3. A minimum of 2000 hours of experience as a registered nurse
4. A license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Michigan
5. Three letters of professional recommendation with at least one from someone in supervisory capacity
6. An autobiographical statement of personal goals and objectives
7. An interview with graduate faculty
An individualized program of study will be designed, based on an applicant’s prior academic coursework, and professional and clinical experiences. An applicant’s transcripts from prior academic institutions will be reviewed by the Clinical Nurse Leader Program Coordinator to determine an applicant’s specific program of study.
The nursing programs a the McAuley School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education One Dupont Circle, NW Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036-1120. Phone: (202) 887-6791, Fax: (202) 887-8476.