Graduate Catalog 2008-2009
UDM Academic PoliciesCourse DescriptionsList of All ProgramsFaculty

Academic Information & Procedures
Academic Information & Procedures

Graduate Grading System

Grading Scale
GradeQuality PointsDescriptionCredit Earned
B-2.7Below graduate standardsYes
W-Withdrawal (The grade of "W" is not faculty assignable.)No
NR-No Record (Temporary)No
S-Satisfactory (Temporary)No
U-Unsatisfactory (Temporary)No

("S" and "U" are temporary grades for research in progress, internships and practica.)

*Policies relating to the applicability of courses towards graduation in which a grade of C or less is received are determined within each college.

Incomplete Work

A petition for a grade of I, Incomplete, is required and may be approved or disapproved at the discretion of the instructor. This grade is only appropriate at the end of the term when the majority of the course requirements have been completed but for serious reason the student is unable to complete the remaining course requirements. Students may not sit in the class in a future semester to complete the work of the original course. Graduate regulations require that the work be completed no later than April 1 for fall term courses and December 1 for courses in winter or summer terms. The instructor, the department, or the college may establish earlier dates for the completion of incomplete work. Students should acquaint themselves with the deadlines established by their programs. Students who fail to complete the course by the established deadlines lose the right to complete the course. The grade of I remains the grade of record on the permanent transcript. Some colleges/schools will issue a grade of "F" for failure to complete the "I" grade by the deadline.

Students with an excused absence from a final examination must complete the examination within two weeks of the scheduled date, unless the appropriate college administrator permits a further extension of the deadline in writing.


A limited number of specific courses in some programs are graded on a Pass/Fail basis. The grade of P earns credit but is not counted in the calculation of the GPA. Pass/Fail option is determined by the course. Students cannot elect Pass/Fail in a graduate level course.

Satisfactory and Unsatisfactory

The grades S or U may be used at the graduate level for practica, internships, thesis or dissertation research or for credits for experiential learning earned by examination. S or U grades are temporary and do not contribute to the GPA; a U does not earn graduate credit. The S grade indicates the student’s work, if continued, is equivalent to a B or higher; the U grade indicates the student’s work is equivalent to a B- or lower. The S or U grade will be converted to an appropriate traditional letter grade when the project/course is completed.


No record is made of individual course withdrawals during the first full week of full semester classes. A withdrawn statement will be recorded on the student record of those individuals who totally withdraw during the second, third, or fourth week of full semester classes or during the first 25 percent of a course with a shorter duration. Students withdrawing during the middle 50 percent of a course will receive the grade of W for each course dropped. This grade will appear on the student’s grade report and transcript, but will not be counted in hours attempted or the GPA calculation.

A graduate student may withdraw from a course at any time during the first 75 percent of the course. Please refer to the Schedule of Classes for specific dates. After that date (during the last 25% of the course), written approval of the course instructor, program director and dean is required for withdrawal. Such permission will be granted only for serious reasons. Students are normally expected to continue class attendance until all required signatures for the withdrawal are attained. No withdrawal may be made after the final class or examination.

Withdrawals are processed on a Change of Registration form available in the office of the dean. Upon completing the form and obtaining approval, it must be filed with the Registrar within one week. Failure to submit the form within the filing period will require new signatures and approval.


Space permitting, students may attend classes at the prevailing tuition rate without receiving credits or grades. Students who wish to attend a course without credit or grade may register for the course as auditors. At the conclusion of the course the grade of AUD will be recorded on the student record, which carries no credit or quality points. Students must attend in order for audit to appear on their academic transcript for the course. All normal withdrawal policies apply for audited courses.

Students wishing to change a course registration to this status may do so by means of the change of registration procedure by the end of the second week of the term. Once chosen, Audit cannot be changed to regular credit.

No Record

A grade of NR may temporarily be assigned when the instructor has no record of a student ever attending class although the name still appears on the final grade list as being registered for the course. NR grades will be reviewed during the six weeks after the semester to determine if they should be deleted, changed to ‘W’ or ‘F’ grades. NR is not a permanent grade.

Repeating a Course

A student may, with the approval of the program director and dean, repeat a graduate course. When a course is repeated, the last grade is averaged with the previous grade in computing the quality point averages. All entries remain a part of the student’s permanent academic record. For a repeated course, credit toward graduation is received only once.

Grade Grievances

In some instances a student may believe that the final grade received in a particular course is unjustified. In such cases the student may choose to appeal the grade received. Each college has published written grievance procedures that must be followed. A copy of this procedure should be obtained from the dean of the college offering the course. In general, students are advised to consult with the instructor concerned prior to beginning the appeal process.

All appeals should be filed within 30 days after the end of the semester in which the final grade was received. The decision of the college/school dean is final. Appeal to the academic vice president will be considered only on procedural grounds.

Grade Point Average

The grade point average (GPA) is used to describe the general level of the student’s academic performance at the University. Grade points are assigned to each grade. By illustration: A =4.0, A-=3.7, B+=3.3, etc. The number of grade points earned in a particular course is determined by multiplying the grade points assigned to the grade given, by the number of credit hours for the course.

A grade point average is calculated by dividing the sum of the grade points earned by the number of credit hours attempted. The grades of I, S, P, U, W, and AUD are not included in the calculation. Grades earned at other institutions and transferred to the University are not shown on the transcript or used in the calculation of the GPA.

Grade Reports

Final grades are only available on-line at Access to UDM WebLink is by PIN number only. Students can view and/or print copies of their final grades anytime throughout the semester once final grades have been issued by the faculty member and have been uploaded to the student's official transcript.


The permanent, official record of a student's academic performance and progress is maintained by the Office of the Registrar. Current students can view transcripts on-line at Transcripts are $5.00 per copy and can be ordered in the following ways:

ONLINE at the National Student Clearinghouse , using a credit card. The University of Detroit Mercy has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. There is an additional $2.25 service charge per transcript for using this ordering service. This service is available to current students and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Orders processed after 5:00 pm will be processed beginning on the next business day by the University's Office of the Registrar.If you are a first-time visitor, you will be directed to create a personal profile and user ID/password, which you will use to place future orders. The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. The consent to Release form must be returned to NSC before orders are processed. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history on-line. Your credit card will only be charged after your order has been completed.If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact 703-742-7791 or

IN PERSON at the Office of the Registrar, McNichols Campus, Fisher Administration Center, Room 80. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Summer hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The Office of the Registrar can provide transcripts for you to pick up in person. The two-day processing time and $5.00 charge per copy still apply. Please be aware that many academic institutions will not accept a transcript as official that does not come directly from the Registrar's Office. Transcripts that you pick-up will be marked "Issued to Student". Call the office two days prior to place an order. Your picture ID is required at the time of pick-up.

BY MAIL, by sending a handwritten or typed request to the Office of the Registrar. In order to comply with federal regulations the handwritten or typed request must be signed. It needs to include the following: Name Name you attended under if different from your current name Social Security Number or student ID number Current address Birthdate Daytime telephone number Institution attended (U of D, Mercy College or UDM) Year(s) attended or graduated Complete address of where you would like the transcript sent if different from your home address. Please include the name of the institution, company or business as well as department, if this applies to your order. Check or money order made payable to the University of Detroit Mercy. $5.00 for each copy that you order Mail the signed transcript request along with payment to: Office of the Registrar University of Detroit Mercy 4001 W. McNichols Road Detroit, MI 48221-3038

BY FAX, by faxing a signed request that contains the information listed in the BY MAIL option above to (313) 993-3317. Fax orders must be charged to a credit card. We need the credit card number, expiration date, security code on the card and zip code of the card holder.

Additional Information on Transcript Orders Transcripts sent to you will be marked "Issued to Student".Transcripts that require additional attachment(s) sent with the transcript must be submitted in person, by FAX or by mail.Your request will normally be processed within 2 business days and sent via U.S. Mail.If you require faster delivery, we will send your transcript via DHL after the two-day processing time. Please add $15.00 to your order for this service within the continental US, and specify that you are requesting Express delivery. Please note that DHL cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. International addresses require additional fees.The Registrar is unable to release transcripts to individuals who have outstanding financial obligations to the University. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to the Student Accounting Office at 313-993-1420.No transcripts are mailed on days that the university is closed for holidays including the week between Christmas and New Year's. Please plan accordingly.

Classification of Students

Students are classified as full- or part-time based upon the number of credit hours for which they are registered in a term. A full-time student in a graduate program is enrolled for at least nine credit hours. A part-time student in a graduate program is enrolled for one to eight credit hours. The normal maximum number of credits a student enrolled in graduate study may take is 12 credit hours. There are exceptions made to the above for students in some graduate programs. Please check with the graduate program director or the Office of the Registrar for questions and exceptions.

Michigan Intercollegiate Graduate Studies (MIGS) Program

The University of Detroit Mercy is one of many Michigan colleges and universities with graduate programs participating in MIGS. Graduate students who are in good standing in a University of Detroit Mercy degree program are eligible to elect courses at any of the other participating graduate schools in Michigan with the approval of both the host and home institution.

Students on a MIGS enrollment pay tuition and other fees charged by the host institution for the services rendered. All credits earned under a MIGS enrollment are accepted by the University pending the acceptable final grade. This type of enrollment is limited to six credits for master’s or specialist degree students and nine credits for doctoral degree students. Students are responsible for arranging to have official transcripts forwarded to their home institution upon completion of work.

Students interested in this program should contact their advisors and the dean’s office of their college for further information and instructions.

Academic Standards

Graduate student academic standing is left largely to individual graduate programs which act consistently with the norms of graduate education and University academic standards. To remain in good standing, a graduate student must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 computed on the basis of all courses attempted for graduate credit, including thesis/dissertation, while enrolled in a particular graduate program. The following pertain to the maintenance of good academic standing.

Academic Warning
Students whose grade point average falls below 3.0 in any term will receive a warning from the college in which they are enrolled. Such warning enables students to take early corrective action concerning their academic performance.

Academic Probation
Students are placed on probation when it appears that their performance places their academic objectives in jeopardy. A student whose cumulative quality point average is below 3.0 is automatically placed on academic probation. Individual programs or colleges may establish additional criteria for placing a student on probation. A student who fails to raise the cumulative average to a 3.0 or satisfy the additional program/college criteria in the following term is subject to dismissal for poor scholarship. If a student has completed the requisite number of credit hours for his or her degree but he or she has failed to achieve a 3.0 cumulative GPA, he or she may take up to six additional hours in an attempt to establish the necessary 3.0 grade point average.

A dean may, at his or her discretion, establish specific requirements or conditions for a student on scholastic probation. The dean may require the student to enroll in particular courses, repeat courses, establish a maximum and minimum number of credit hours to be attempted or earned, and/or require a specific minimum quality point average for the next term. Failure to meet such conditions, when established, may lead to dismissal.

Graduate students on probation have the privilege of applying for admission to another college or school within the University. If accepted by that school, the student may be admitted on probationary status.

The Veterans Administration will be informed if a student receiving veteran’s benefits fails to come off probation at the end of the second term in this status.

Academic Dismissal
Students may be dismissed from the college in which they are enrolled as a result of poor academic performance. Dismissal may occur when a student has not achieved a 3.0 cumulative quality point average in the term following one in which he or she was placed on probation, when terms or conditions established for probation have not been met or when the academic record reflects poor performance.

Students who wish to appeal an academic dismissal should contact the dean’s office immediately upon their receipt of notice that they have been dismissed. If first contact is made by telephone or in person, it should be immediately followed by a written statement of intent to appeal the dismissal. Each college has written procedures which govern appeal from an academic dismissal. These procedures will be explained to the student upon request.

Students dismissed from one of the University’s colleges for academic reasons may be considered for admission to a different college within the University. Regular admission procedures must be followed. Dismissal for poor scholarship is entered upon the student’s permanent academic record.

Academic Integrity
As members of the academic community engaged in the pursuit of truth and with a special concern for values, students must conform to a high standard of honesty and integrity in their academic work.

Instances where academic misconduct occurs include, but are not limited to, falsification or misrepresentation of material used in the admission process, presenting the work of others as one’s own, theft, plagiarism and cheating. These actions pose a threat to the academic integrity of the University and its mission and will be treated accordingly.

Academic misconduct is subject to disciplinary sanctions. These sanctions include, but are not limited to, reprimand, probation, suspension and dismissal. Students are required to familiarize themselves with the specific protocols of their school or college, available in each respective dean’s office or college/school Academic Policy Handbook. Students also have the responsibility to consult the University of Detroit Mercy Student Handbook for further information on other academic policies and University procedures.

Degree Requirements

The following are the minimum University standards for graduate degrees. Colleges and programs impose SPECIFIC requirements which the student must meet prior to a degree being conferred. Consult the program section of this Catalog for specific requirements.

Earned Hours
All master’s degree programs require a minimum of 30 semester hours beyond the baccalaureate level. Students completing a thesis (elected or required) may use six hours of thesis credit toward the minimum total required. Not all master’s programs have a thesis option available.

All specialist degree programs require a minimum of 60 semester hours beyond the baccalaureate level.

All doctoral degree programs require a minimum of 48 semester hours beyond the baccalaureate level and a doctoral dissertation. Specific requirements are listed in each program.

Graduate Courses
Only courses numbered 500 and above are recognized as graduate courses. Courses numbered 400-499 are advanced undergraduate courses. The latter may be taken for graduate credit on approval of the department concerned and on condition that distinctive graduate assignments are completed as part of the course. Students must register for the graduate section of any 400-499 level course in order to receive graduate credit. Courses below 400 are not offered for graduate credit. Of the hours of course work required for the degree, at least one-half the total number of hours must be earned in courses numbered 500 and above.

The residence requirement demands a minimum of 18 semester hours of courses be taken at the University of Detroit Mercy for a 30 credit hour master’s program or more than half the course hours in master’s programs requiring more than 30 credits.

The residence requirement for specialist programs is that more than one-half of the courses taken are completed at the University of Detroit Mercy.

The doctoral degree requires a minimum of one uninterrupted year of full-time attendance.

Second Master’s Degree
Students seeking a second master’s degree from the University of Detroit Mercy in a field related to their first degree may, with departmental approval, receive up to 12 credit hours applied to the second degree. Courses that were taken more than five years prior to admission to the second master’s degree program may not be accepted. Applicants should discuss the possibility of such advanced standing with the director of the second degree program. The maximum number of hours accepted is based on the program director’s recommendation and the approval of the dean.

Thesis Requirements - Plan A
Master’s candidates in programs requiring a thesis and candidates in other programs who elect to write a thesis, as well as all doctoral candidates, must present a thesis or dissertation approved by their advisor and program director on some phase of their field of specialization. The thesis or dissertation must be written and typed according to the prescribed format, available in each college dean’s office, and be in accord with the other regulations of the University.

The thesis or dissertation topic must be filed with the dean not later than the date determined by the specific program.

All research which involves human subjects must be submitted to the Institutional Review Board before research can begin. Information about regulations governing research involving human subjects may be obtained from the Office of Academic Affairs, Room 500, Fisher Administrative Center.

The thesis or dissertation must be completed, in accordance with all regulations, not later than two years after course requirements have been fulfilled. Master’s theses must be filed in duplicate and dissertations in triplicate with the McNichols Library, Technical Services not later than the date determined by the specific program. Note that some programs require shorter time limits.

Non-Thesis Master’s Program - Plan B
Several departments offer degree candidates an option to receive a master’s degree without requiring a thesis. See individual department listings for details.

Time Limits
The maximum time permitted for completion of a graduate degree is seven years from the time of admission. Some colleges may impose more restrictive time limitations than seven years. Students who need an extension may apply to the dean of the appropriate college.

Comprehensive Examination
The nature of the comprehensive examination is determined by each department where such examination is required. A candidate who fails the required comprehensive examination may repeat it once only at the next date assigned in the Academic Calendar. Failure to pass the repeat comprehensive examination will result in the student’s termination from the academic program.

Student Outcome Assessment
As part of the continuing effort to maintain the quality of academic programs, the University has implemented a system of student outcome assessment, in which students are required to participate. This program is designed to determine the growth of student achievement in general education, and changes in student attitudes and values. In addition, the University of Detroit Mercy also assesses achievement in the student’s academic programs.

Application for Degree
Candidates for degrees must file their applications in the college office by the dates established in the Academic Calendar for the year in which they intend to graduate. Applications for a degree should be filed by October 1 for December graduation; February 1 for May, June, and August graduation. Application forms can be obtained in any College Office or the Registrar’s Office. Applications received after the deadline may result in denial to participate in the Commencement ceremony and/or delay in the date of graduation.

Degrees are formally awarded only at the annual Commencement exercises of the University in May. Students who have completed their degree requirements at any point in the preceding academic year are invited to participate. June and August graduates may be permitted to participate in the May commencement ceremony if they are enrolled for all of the courses required to complete their degree by the end of the summer term. In some cases permission of their college is required. Students must submit their applications by the deadline in order to participate.

Certificate Standards, Policies and Procedures

Certificate Standards
The University of Detroit Mercy recognizes that a certificate is granted to a student who completes a well-defined program of study and is able to demonstrate specific competencies.

Normally a minimum of 15 semester hours is required for a certificate at UDM. No more than one-third of the total number of credits required for a certificate can be transferred from another institution to meet the requirements of their certificate unless a specific articulation agreement is in place. Students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average at the graduate level in order for the certificate to be granted. Pre-requisites may be required for some graduate certificate course. The published grading scale for graduate courses applies to courses taken for graduate certificate program.

Certificate Policies and Procedures
Normally a student is enrolled in no more than one certificate program at a time. Certificates will not be granted retroactively after students have earned a degree. This does not prevent students from returning after the degree to earn the certificate by taking additional coursework. Some certificates must be earned in conjunction with a degree program and others are earned on a stand-alone basis. For students who are not in a relevant degree program, they must declare their intent to complete a certificate prior to completing one-third of the total number of credits toward the certificate.

Release of Student Records

The University maintains the confidentiality of student records in accordance with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended. At the University, the Registrar coordinates the inspection and review procedures for student records which include administration, personal, academic and financial files as well as cooperative education and placement records. No one outside the institution may have access to the student’s educational records without the written consent of the student except: officials of other institutions in which the student seeks to enroll; persons or organizations providing student financial aid; accrediting agencies carrying out their accreditation functions; persons in compliance with a judicial order or subpoena; and persons in an emergency in order to protect the health and safety of students or other persons.

Educational records or components thereof may be made available without the student’s written consent to personnel within the University who are determined by the institution to have a legitimate educational interest.

Students may review their educational records by making written requests to the Registrar. Students may not inspect financial information submitted by their parents; confidential letters and recommendations associated with admissions, employment or job placement or honors, to which they have waived their right of inspection and review; or educational records containing information about more than one student. The University is not required to permit students to inspect and review confidential letters and recommendations placed in their files prior to January 1, 1975.

The University may disclose the following categories of public or "directory information" for any purpose, at its discretion: Name, addresses, telephone number, dates of attendance, class, previous institutions attended, major field of study, awards, honors (includes Dean’s List), degrees conferred (including dates), past and present participation in recognized sports and activities, physical factors (e.g. height, weight of athletes), date and place of birth and photograph. Currently enrolled students may withhold disclosure of any such information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. To withhold disclosure, written notification must be received by the Registrar prior to the end of the first week of classes for each semester or period of study and remains in effect until the student submits a written request for the removal of the privacy hold.

Registering for Classes

Specific and current information on the policies, procedures, dates and deadlines governing class registration is provided in the Schedule of Classes available prior to each term. The Fall Schedule is normally available by February 15 and the Winter and Summer Schedules are normally available by October 15th of each year.

Most students find it advantageous to register early for classes. Earlier registration improves the probability that students will be placed in the courses they prefer at the times most convenient for them.

Registration is offered during the spring for the following fall and during the fall for winter and summer. Students who wish to register should meet with their academic advisor and select the courses they wish to take. They process their Advising and Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office according to the dates published in the Schedule of Classes oruse web registration with advisor approval. Students with holds of any kind of their record will not have access to use UDM WebLink for registration or add/drop.

Consult the section of this Catalog on "Tuition and Fees" for information on payment requirements, etc.

Late Registration
Students who, for good and sufficient reasons, were unable to register during the regular registration period may register during the first week of class. Students desiring to register late should report to their dean’s office as early as possible during the first week. Students who attempt to register after the first week of classes may not be allowed to register for that semester. Late registration fees are assessed on all students who register beginning on the first day that classes begin. University policy prohibits unregistered students from attending classes.

Changes in Registration
Registered students may change course registration by completing a Change in Registration form, available in their dean’s office, and by obtaining the appropriate signatures. Add/drops can be completed on the web up until the final day of registration for the semester. To be official, completed Change in Registration forms must be filed according to procedures established by their dean’s office. Students should be aware that any change which affects a student’s status as full- or part-time may have an impact on his/her financial obligations, athletic eligibility, financial aid and/or visa status. Important dates pertaining to the changes in registration described below are listed in each term’s Schedule of Classes.

Add/Drop Period
Registered students may change course registration during the first week of classes. Such changes may be necessitated by closed classes during registration or by the addition or deletion of scheduled courses. Signatures by both the instructor and deans’ offices of the college/school in which one’s program is located are required for adding classes during this period.

Adding a Course
Any course added requires the signature of the instructor as well as signatures required by the student’s college (advisor and/or dean) once the course has met.

Dropping a Course
Students may drop a course from their schedule by obtaining the signatures required by their college on the Change in Registration form and filing that form in the Registrar’s Office. If a course is dropped by the end of the fourth week for a full semester course, no record of enrollment for the course will appear on the student’s transcript. These dates vary for shorter duration courses. Normally you can withdraw within the first 25% of the course and it will not appear on your record. Withdraws during the middle 50% of the course will appear with a grade of W. Refunds must be applied for at the Student Accounting Office. Refund schedules may be found in the Schedule of Classes.

Forced Withdrawal
In some cases a "Change in Registration" may be initiated by the University to remove a student from a class (or classes) in which he/she is registered. This action may be taken when a student has failed to follow the procedures, regulations or requirements of the University or college or when the student has gained registration in a particular class or classes by misrepresentation. When such actions are taken, the course instructor and the student are notified.

Attendance Policy
Regular and punctual attendance is expected in all classes. Students are responsible for work missed because of late registration or for any other reason. Faculty communicate in writing their attendance policy to students in the first class session of the term/semester. Faculty may recommend that a student withdraw from class when absence prevents the student from achieving the objectives of the course.

Accreditations and Memberships

Vital to the University’s public accountability are its accreditations. The University of Detroit Mercy is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504 (1-800-621-7440)

The University is listed by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York and by the Department of Public Instruction of the State of Pennsylvania among their registered institutions.

The University is a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, the Association of Mercy Colleges, Mercy Higher Education Colloquium, the National Catholic Educational Association, the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Michigan and the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities. The University is included in the list of institutions providing membership eligibility in the American Association of University Women.

The School of Architecture is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board, the only accrediting agency for architecture in the nation. It is a member of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture.

The College of Business Administration undergraduate and graduate business programs are accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.

The School of Dentistry and the Dental Hygiene, Doctor of Dental Surgery Programs and the Advanced Education Programs in Endodontics, Orthodontics and Periodontics are accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation.

The College of Engineering and Science curricula leading to the degree of Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, and Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. The Bachelor of Science program in Chemistry is certified by the American Chemical Society’s Committee on Professional Training. The Bachelor of Science program in Biochemistry is within the guidelines stipulated by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.

The College of Health Professions’ Physician Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for the Education of the Physician Assistant.

The Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesiology Program is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs/Schools.

The School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools and the Association of the Religiously Affiliated Law Schools.

In the College of Liberal Arts and Education, the Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association.

The Michigan State Board of Education has authorized the College to recommend applicants for certificates to teach in the private and public schools of Michigan. The State Elementary and Secondary Certificate, Provisional and Professional, are issued by the State Board of Education, on the recommendation of the University. The Legal Assistant Program is approved by the American Bar Association. The Social Work Program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The Master of Arts in Counseling program has applied for accreditation by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs. The College is a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Addiction Program is a member of the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors.

College of Business Administration

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

College of Engineering & Science

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

College of Health Professions & McAuley School of Nursing

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

College of Liberal Arts & Education

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

School of Architecture

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

School of Dentistry

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

School of Law

Home | Contacts | Policies | Programs | Website

For more information about UDM, or to apply online, go to

Print Friendly Print-friendly