Health Requirements and Services
This page introduces health requirements and services for UDM students.
Health requirements for UDM students
If you are a "residential" student (i.e. you are living on campus), or if you are an international student, UDM requires you to have a recent tuberculosis (TB) test on file. Also, all residential students must carry either enroll in student health insurance, or waive the insurance.
- UDM requires that a recent tuberculosis (TB) skin test be on file for all new incoming residential (dorm) students and international students
- Chest x-ray is required if skin test is positive
- If already tested for TB, test must have been performed in the United States or Canada within the last 12 months (1 year)
- Send in the TB skin test postcard!
- TB skin tests can be done at the UDM Health Center (see below)
- UDM requires all residential (dorm) students to carry health insurance
- All residential students are required to either enroll in or waive the student health insurance by the deadline. See the Health Insurance page for details.
- If you do NOT waive the insurance, you will be billed for the student insurance, regardless of other insurance coverage (e.g. parent's insurance)
- Non-residential students (not living in a UDM dorm) can also purchase the insurance if needed
The UDM Health Center offers many services to the UDM student body. (See the Health Center site.) A Registered Nurse or a Nurse Practitioner is on site, and the staff works in conjunction with physicians from a local hospital.
ChargesNote that office visits and tests at the Health Center will incur charges.
Types of services
Services available at the Health Center include:
- Illness and injury visits
- Immunizations/TB skin testing. See list of immunizations.
- Health maintenance visits
- Women's health exams
- Health education and counseling
- Referrals to specialty physicians
- Pre-packaged prescriptions (based on cost of drug)
- Basic laboratory tests
Appointments are necessary; use the contact information below. Walk-ins will be worked into the schedule or placed on the schedule for a following day.
- Phone number: 313-993-1185
- Location: 104 West Quad
- Contact person: Deborah Hale, RN, BSN; Director, UDM Health Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.udmercy.edu/healthcenter
- Monday thru Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (fall and winter terms)
- Monday thru Friday, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. (spring and summer terms)