Every incoming, full-time undergraduate student receives a financial grant from UDM. Financial aid officers specialize in assisting you and your family in creating affordable financial aid packages. Also, UDM graduate and professional schools are eligible for need-based financial aid assistance. See the UDM Financial Aid home page.
Below are some financial aid highlights. For more Transfer Student financial aid information, see the Transfer Financial Aid page.
Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Students applying for financial aid should list the UMD school code – 002323 – on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Once you have been admitted and we have received the FAFSA information, you will be awarded all eligible financial aid including student loans.
- See UDM's FAFSA page.
TitanConnect: your financial aid connection
Log in at tc.udmercy.edu
- UDM's TitanConnect portal is the secure, personalized site where you can access your UDM e-mail, financial aid awards, calendaring, registration, online payment, address changes and more.
- To access your TitanConnect page, you will need your student user ID and password. If you have not already received this information, contact the IT Help Desk at 313-993-1500.
- You should check your UDM TitanConnect e-mail on a regular basis as it the Financial Aid Office's main point of communication with you.
- Log in to TitanConnect at tc.udmercy.edu.
Financial aid awards
- The financial aid award is designed to help you pay the cost of your UDM education.
- The financial aid award covers one full year and is divided equally between two terms. UDM terms are September-December and January-April.
- Each time financial aid is adjusted, we notify will you via your UDM TitanConnect e-mail.
- Once you have reviewed your financial aid award(s) in TitanConnect, and you have decided which aid you would like to accept, please accept the award online and complete the award's requirements.
- Once you have reviewed your online TitanConnect award, you should compare the amount of the award letter to the cost of your tuition.
- Please visit our Financial Aid Award page for step-by-step instructions on this process.
- If you have a remaining balance for tuition/fees, you may choose to take out a private, credit-based loan or take advantage of our 10-month, interest-free payment plan through Tuition Management Systems.
- For more details on these options, please see the UDM Financing Options page.
Michigan Tuition Grant
- If you have Michigan Tuition Grant (ESTIMATED) as a source of aid on your TitanConnect award, you must list UDM school code 002323 as the first school choice on your FAFSA in order for the State of Michigan to create an award for you.
- This award is listed as "estimated" until the State actually makes an award.
- You will receive a letter from the State of Michigan once the award is official.
- See the Michigan Tuition Grant page.
- You should be prepared to purchase books up-front and independent of financial aid.
- UDM does not have a book voucher system.
- See the UDM Bookstore site (book store service provided by Barnes & Noble College Booksellers).
- If there are excess funds on your account after your tuition and fees are paid in full, then a refund check will be created.
- All refund checks are mailed to students.
- Refunds checks will be mailed beginning the first Friday after classes begin.
- Refer to the Schedule of Classes for the specific refund date for each class section.
- If a tuition refund occurs and you have received financial aid for the class, then the Financial Aid Office is notified.
- Your financial aid award will have to be reviewed by a financial aid administrator before it can be determined if you will have a refund or balance due.
Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) – Phase II
- If you are a TIP recipient and you have an Associate's degree or we accepted 56 credit hours (any major), you may be eligible to receive TIP at UDM.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office at 313-993-1404.
Michigan Promise Scholarship; Michigan Merit Award (MEAP)
- If you are a Michigan Promise/Merit recipient and you believe you have remaining funds, you must contact the State of Michigan at 888-447-2687 to secure your MEAP funds for UDM by the deadline.
- See the Financial Aid for Michigan Residents page.
- The UDM Grant is for full-time enrollment only and is renewable as long as you maintain a 2.0 grade-point average and continuous full-time enrollment.
- You may receive this grant even if you do not apply for financial aid.
Employer discount and reimbursement programs
You should consult your employer's human resources office regarding a UDM discount and employer reimbursement programs.