We want you to step forward
Looking to transform your life? Do it with a degree from the University of Detroit Mercy! Whether you’re a transfer student from a Community College, a returning student, a non-traditional student, or a veteran – we want “great things for you” here at UDM.
As a transfer student-friendly University, here’s what you’ll experience as a student:
Broader academic and community-focused opportunities.
- A starting point for professional school, graduate school, and the world of work.
- Deeper involvement with faculty, thanks to our small average class size (we have a 14-to-1 student/faculty ratio).
- A welcoming community of widely diverse and friendly students.
- A chance to make your own mark, at the University and in your community.
- Career development options, a user-friendly career center, and numerous internships possibilities.
- The development of important lleadership skills in organizations that range in type: academic, spiritual/religious, media, government, pre-professional, multicultural, and Greek life.
- The chance to socialize in one of our more than 80+ clubs and organizations.
- And don’t forget about athletics! We abound with athletic opportunities and school spirit.
- A chance to experience a different culture in a study abroad program—on just about any continent in the world.
- A transfer process made easy with the helpful support of UDM staff.
- A variety of grants and scholarships – some specifically suited for returning students!