Students in F-1, J-1 and J-2 status are eligible to work in the U.S. with certain restrictions.  Students in H-4 status may not work in the U.S. for any kind of compensation, including tuition remission.  Please review the links to the left for work regulations, as well as tax and social security information. Students in J-2 status should consult the International Services Office for information on the work-related immigration regulations pertaining to their status.