Work Regulations for F-1 Students

Students in F-1 status are eligible to work both on and off campus. No authorization is required in order to work on campus and students may work at any non-work/study job which meets the regulatory criteria for on-campus employment.  On the other hand, off-campus employment always requires prior authorization either from International Services or from U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), depending on the type.  Students who engage in off-campus employment without first obtaining the required authorization are in violation of immigration regulations and risk termination of their status.

Please review the detailed information about employment on this site and be sure to consult International Services before engaging in any off-campus employment.