CBA Banquet unites honor societies
Keynote speaker Linda M. Miller ’81 receives her Beta Gamma Sigma membership certificate and pin from CBA Dean Bahman Mirshab.
CBA's 53rd Annual Honor Society Banquet and Induction Ceremony on April 10 was the first to include all three of the College's honor societies—Alpha Iota Delta, Beta Alpha Psi, and Beta Gamma Sigma.
Linda M. Miller ’81, who is Manufacturing Director in Powertrain Operations at Ford Motor Company, was the keynote speaker. Says Associate Dean Bruce Brorby, “Linda is a distinguished alumna whose remarks were very much in keeping with the mission of the College of Business Administration. We are proud to count her among the lifetime membership of the Beta of Michigan Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma.”
Alpha Iota Delta is the honor society for decision sciences and computer information systems. The following students were inducted into UDM's Delta Mu chapter:
- Juniors: Jay Gangopadhyay
- Seniors: Habib Abbas, Charmayne Gennette
- Master's: Oliver Baer, Richard Belf, Paul Davis, Cheng-Ta Hsieh, Junhua Jia, John Kuderik, Donald Lawrence, Ninevah Lowery, Preeti Mascarenhas, John McAllister, Hassan Moussawi, Goran Ristovski, Jo Linda Russell, Yuri Signori, Mary Sparks, Michael Vinarcik, Karen Walker, Joseph Weisbrod, Susan Wellman-Smith, Yun-Chang Yang.
Faculty: Elefterios C. Lowry
Beta Alpha Psi is the honor society for the financial information professions. The following students were inducted:
- Junior: Jennifer Dunne
- Seniors: Theresa Cowell, William Glaab, Jonathan Keehn, Martin Lubinski, Keymia Sabeti.
Beta Gamma Sigma is the national honor society for business. The following students were inducted:
- Juniors: Mitchell Early, Caitlin Goddard, Kevin Apczynski, Katherine Solner, Joanna Cooper.
- Seniors: Jonathan Keehn, Martin Lubinski, Alison Diakow, Shannon Marling, Anton Espat.
- Master of Business Administration: Frederick Basquin, David Denslow, Trinidy Duong, Andrew Gocsik, Michael Kastl, Richard Kelley, John Kuderik, Ninevah Lowery, Joseph Madden, Brett McCay.